Latest News From Postium Korea - August ‘17
Postium Korea is the trusted supplier of Professional Broadcast monitors for the Broadcast, Post-Production, OB Van, Film, and Rental markets. Postium Korea keeps developing and producing the most innovative and market-leading products.
The Future to True Vision
- Postium's Brand-new 4K Monitors Installed in UHD OB Truck of MBC
- Postium Korea supplied the new OBM series monitors for the new UHD OB truck of MBC, one of the leading broadcasters in Korea. 14 units of 4K monitors and 13 units of HD monitors from 9" to 55" were installed in the OB truck.
MBC is looking for the best 31" 4K reference monitors for their first 4K HDR OB Truck. After the several rounds of strict tests against our competitors’ monitors, Postium's 31" 4K monitor OBM-U310 stands out and was selected due to its correct and accurate color reproduction in HDR, various modes of HDR along with its many other unique and advanced features. 8 units of 31" 4K Monitor OBM-U310 will be used mainly for critical Quality Control signal monitoring.
The new MBC UHD OB truck will be operating in the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games.
- More and more Customers in the World Choose OBM Monitors
- The high performance of Postium's new OBM monitors has already been proven in the markets, and OBM monitors are being selected by the industry leaders in Europe, the United States and Asia. The OBM monitors are being used in control rooms in broadcasters, OB trucks, galleries, post-productions along with other venues.
OBM-U series can accept 12G-SDI Single Link as well as 3G-SDI Quad Link 4K signals. Additionally, OBM 4K monitors support various modes of HDR such as ST2084, HLG, S-Log3, and provides unique and useful functions such as the HDR/SDR Comparison, Color Space Comparison, Integrated Camera Logs, HDR Waveform, SFP Input, to name a few.
In addition, the OBM-P series enables users to monitor the two different video signals with dual Waveform, dual Vector Scope, dual Audio Level Meter, dual Timecode Display independently with a monitor.
Customers have been satisfied with these innovative functions, and therefore choose the OBM monitors for their new projects.
- New Functions Added
- HDR Auto Setting (OBM-U Series)
This function allows the monitor to detect the Transfer Characteristics and Colorimetry information in the Payload identifier of the ST 2082-10 12G SDI signal and adjust the HDR automatically.
*Transfer Characteristics : SDR, ST 2084-1000, HLG1.2
*Colorimetry : REC.709, REC.2020
- User Camera Log Import (OBM-U/W/P/N All Models)
- 32ˆ³ and 64ˆ³ cube files as well as 33ˆ³ and 65ˆ³ are supported.
Users can save the file name of the log data to their preferences and up to 15 characters of the file name will be displayed on the OSD when imported.
- Fast Mode (OBM-U170, OBM-W/P/N All Models)
- The Fast Mode function enables the total latency of our monitor to zero delay. This function is also available in Postium's OBM-U Series 4K HDR monitors, making them the first 4K monitors in the market to have such a function.
- Waveform & Vector Scope Position Changeable (OBM-U Series)
- The Waveform and Vector Scope can be positioned at the top left, top right, bottom right or the bottom left corners.
- HDR & Camera Log Comparison (OBM-W/N Series)
- This unique function allows users to compare HDR and SDR or the Camera Log and Rec.709 side by side. The comparison area can be moved and adjusted using the vertical Wipe pattern.
- User Preset Setting (OBM-U Series)
- This function allows users to save the current setting status to User Preset1 up till User Preset5, and then load the saved settings in User Preset1 up till User Preset5.
When [User Preset Lock] in [Password Lock] is set On, the setting values in User Preset1 are protected by password.