Latest News From Postium Korea - December ‘17
Postium Korea is the trusted supplier of Professional Broadcast monitors for the Broadcast, Post-Production, OB Van, Film, and Rental markets. Postium Korea keeps developing and producing the most innovative and market-leading products.
The Future to True Vision
- The New Function “Gamut Error” is added to OBM-U Series
- The total range of the SDI 10bit signal is 0 to 1023. The range 0 to 3 and 1020 to 1023 are the reserved values for Sync, and the total video signal range is 4 to 1019.
In a video signal, each primary component should lie between 0 and 100% of the video range between black level and peak level (R and G and B). Ideally, video levels should lie within the specified limits so that programs can be distributed without adjustment.
100% White pattern: Y - 940, Cb - 512, Cr - 512
0% Black pattern: Y - 64, Cb - 512, Cr - 512
Expected Video Range: 64 to 940
In practice, it is difficult to avoid generating signals slightly out of range, and it is considered reasonable to allow a small tolerance. Therefore, the EBU recommends that the RGB components and the corresponding Luminance (Y') signal should not normally exceed the “preferred minimum/maximum” range of digital sample levels in the table below.
Type 1: Black Zebra
When the targeted color space is selected as BT.709, the pixels outside of the targeted color space are displayed as Black Zebra.
The pxels over Y Maximum, Chroma Maximum, RGB Maximum are displayed as Black Zebra, and the pixels below Y' Minimum, Chroma Minimum, RGB Minimum are also displayed as Black Zebra.
Type 2: Black & White Zebra
When the targeted color space is selected as BT.709, the pixels outside of the targeted color space are displayed as Black or White Zebra.
The pixels over Y' Maximum, Chroma Maximum, RGB Maximum are displayed as Black Zebra, and the pixels below Y' Minimum, Chroma Minimum, RGB Minimum are displayed as White Zebra.
Type 3: Mono
When the targeted color space is selected as BT.709, the pixels inside of the targeted color space are displayed as Mono, and the pixels outside of the targeted color space are displayed as the color. In this type, black and white area is not recognized.
- OBM-U Series Supports 12G-SDI Single Link Square Division signal format
- The OBM-U Series 4K monitors can display 12G-SDI Single Link 4K/UHD signals as well as 3G-SDI Quad Link signals. This is already a very useful feature, compared to the competitors' monitors.
Most of the single link 12G-SDI signals are displayed as 2-S.I. format on the screen. But, the single link 12G-SDI signals with Square Division format are increasing. In order to meet this requirement in the location and studio, ‘12G-SDI Square Division’ mode is newly added.
- OBM-U Series Monitors Meet the Return Loss Standard, SMPTE ST 2082-1:2015
- In the professional broadcasting video industry, Return Loss is an important parameter that measures the reflected signal that bounces back from a terminated device. If the broadcast monitor has the poor return loss, the level of reflected signal negatively impacts the signal integrity of the loop-out signal.
The OBM-U series monitors meet the requirements of Return Loss specified in SMPTE ST 2081-1:2015 after the hardware modifications, so the OBM 4K monitors provide the high signal fidelity.
- The OBM Series monitors are getting more versatile in terms of connectivity and video monitoring/analysis performance. Postium Korea will always strive to upgrade and evolve the performance of our monitors in order to meet the customers' requirements and provide the competitive products.